Does Trade Liberalization Lead to Declining Fish Stock Health? Analyzing the Causality

By Erin K. Glenn
The Developing Economist

Notice of Paper Removal

The paper “Does Trade Liberalization Lead to Declining Fish Stock Health? Analyzing the Causality” by Erin K. Glenn has been removed from this volume. The editorial board of The Developing Economist decided to withdraw this article because portions of the paper had previously appeared in Erhardt et al. (2014)1 and were not properly cited. For further inquiries, please contact The Developing Economist.

1 Erhardt, Tobias, et al. “Does Trade Openness Cause Overfishing?” European Trade Study Group, 12 September 2014, Munich, Germany. Conference Paper.

Latest in Economics

During the periods of the Agrarian Revolt and the 1920s, farmers were unhappy with the economic conditions in which they found themselves. Both periods witnessed the ascent of political movements that endeavored to aid farmers in their economic... Read Article »
In 2009, Brazil was in the path to become a superpower. Immune to the economic crises of 2008, the country's economy benefitted from the commodity boom, achieving a growth rate of 7.5 per cent in 2010, when Rousseff was elected. A few years later... Read Article »
The research completed aimed to show that the idea of fair trade, using the example of goals for the chocolate industry of the Ivory Coast, can be described as an example of the economic ideal which Karl Marx imagined. By comparing specific topics... Read Article »
After years of economic downturn and recovery, the debate over stimulus packages and countercyclical policy continues globally. Proponents of such policies claim that the various stimulus packages and policy initiatives around the globe helped bring... Read Article »
This paper investigates the relationship between various types of economic freedom and intra-EMU export growth. Export growth is the primary empirical puzzle that this paper seeks to explicate, and is important because the EMU's inception preceded... Read Article »
This paper examines the potential effect of decreasing honeybee population on crop prices by estimating the relationship between honeybee population and the price of almonds over time. As a declining honeybee population becomes an increasingly salient... Read Article »
On May 18th, 2000, the United States enacted the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), dramatically expanding trade between itself and Sub-Saharan Africa over the following decade. Yet whereas previous studies in the literature have often sought... Read Article »