Does Trade Liberalization Lead to Declining Fish Stock Health? Analyzing the Causality

By Erin K. Glenn
The Developing Economist

Notice of Paper Removal

The paper “Does Trade Liberalization Lead to Declining Fish Stock Health? Analyzing the Causality” by Erin K. Glenn has been removed from this volume. The editorial board of The Developing Economist decided to withdraw this article because portions of the paper had previously appeared in Erhardt et al. (2014)1 and were not properly cited. For further inquiries, please contact The Developing Economist.

1 Erhardt, Tobias, et al. “Does Trade Openness Cause Overfishing?” European Trade Study Group, 12 September 2014, Munich, Germany. Conference Paper.

Latest in Economics

After years of economic downturn and recovery, the debate over stimulus packages and countercyclical policy continues globally. Proponents of such policies claim that the various stimulus packages and policy initiatives around the globe helped bring... Read Article »
This paper investigates the relationship between various types of economic freedom and intra-EMU export growth. Export growth is the primary empirical puzzle that this paper seeks to explicate, and is important because the EMU's inception preceded... Read Article »
This paper examines the potential effect of decreasing honeybee population on crop prices by estimating the relationship between honeybee population and the price of almonds over time. As a declining honeybee population becomes an increasingly salient... Read Article »
On May 18th, 2000, the United States enacted the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), dramatically expanding trade between itself and Sub-Saharan Africa over the following decade. Yet whereas previous studies in the literature have often sought... Read Article »
This study examines the effects of the Dodd-Frank Act on community banks in the Northeastern region of the United States. Using annual financial data from years 2010 to 2014 gathered on 82 banks, a regression equation is estimated using the Generalized... Read Article »
Labor markets have traditionally been regarded as the product of a demand and supply of labor.2 In Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage, political economists Peter A. Hall and David Soskice put forth two... Read Article »
Published by Discussions
Chipotle Mexican Grill has revolutionized the fast food industry. In a short time, the brand has served as inspiration for the growing "fast casual" segment of the food industry and has become an American cultural phenomenon. Through its use of... Read Article »